Robot-assisted surgery uses specialized technology that improves your surgeon’s hand capabilities. It enables your LUNA MED SPA & WASHINGTON OB-GYN, P.A. surgeon to execute operations in difficult-to-reach regions using minimal incisions. The specialized technology also allows for more accurate motions and magnification. The technology includes the following components:
- Surgical arms with microscopic instruments at the tip.
- A special camera that gives enlarged 3D images of the surgery region.
- A surgical console where the surgeon directs the movement of the tool and camera.
The difference between robotic surgery and traditional open surgery
The procedures used by your surgeon to perform your robotic operation are comparable to open surgery. The key distinction is how your surgeon accesses the surgery site, as they will make little incisions rather than huge ones. Another difference is that surgical instruments require less room to function, reducing the need to move your muscular tissue and organs.
Common advantages of robotic surgery techniques
One of the top benefits is that it allows for surgery through fewer incisions. Other advantages of robotic surgery are:
1. Greater precision: The actions of the robotic arm are more precise than those of a human hand and have a wider range of motion. The arms rotate equipment in tight places in ways that would not be possible otherwise.
2. Better visualization: A high-definition camera delivers enlarged images of the operating region. It also offers greater 3D imaging capabilities than the naked eye.
3. Ability to do surgery inside your body: The little tools enable specialists to complete steps of the surgery within your body when before, they would have had to make a considerably wider incision to perform that part of the process outside of your body.
Various types of robotic surgery procedures
Common robotic surgery procedures available are;
1. Robotic gynecological surgery results in reduced discomfort and blood loss following surgery. In conventional surgery, all gynecological surgery involves severe pain, and frequent physical trauma is associated with the procedure. Furthermore, bigger incisions are created in open surgery, resulting in a prolonged recovery period. With robotic surgery, incisions are smaller, and recovery durations are shorter, which is preferable to open surgery.
2. Robotic gallbladder surgery includes cholecystectomy, which entails eliminating your gallbladder. With the assistance of robotic surgical systems, surgeons can conduct the operation with a single incision. This means fewer scars, and the healing period is much lesser because of reduced blood loss compared to traditional surgery. Also, gallbladder surgery with robotic surgical systems is more useful since you can return to work much faster than with conventional open surgery.
3. Robotic colorectal surgery may be necessary when you require a colectomy or have additional issues, such as a benign tumor. Physicians may now conduct colon procedures using robotic surgical equipment that was previously considered impossible. During the surgery, smaller incisions and other advantages guarantee that the nerves are not harmed.
Robotic-assisted surgery allows you to obtain complex treatments with minimal downtime. A specially trained surgeon utilizes robotic technology to operate through small incisions. Also, robotic surgery can address diseases affecting your heart, digestive system, bladder, prostate, and other organs. Call LUNA MED SPA & WASHINGTON OB-GYN, P.A. to schedule your meeting today to determine whether robotic surgery is appropriate for you.